Sponsor Content Service Agreement
General Terms & Conditions for Advertising
Effective May 4, 2017
MissionBox offers content sponsorships and the opportunity to place sponsor-generated content for publication, for a fee. Together, content sponsorships and sponsor-generated content are referred to here as "Advertising Content." The person sponsoring existing MissionBox content, or placing sponsor-generated content, is the "Sponsor."
In order to purchase a content sponsorship or submit sponsor-generated content, the Sponsor must also create a Sponsor business listing. By creating a Sponsor business listing, the Sponsor also agrees to the terms of service found at http://www.missionbox.com/directory-terms-conditions and incorporated here by reference, including the limitations of liability for MissionBox that are found in those terms.
The Sponsor business listing is provided at no charge while a content sponsorship is active.
MissionBox reserves the right to amend this agreement at any time. These modifications become effective once updated on the Website.
MissionBox’s then-current rates at the time of each publication apply.
Advertising Content Guidelines.
Digital sponsorship messages may include:
- Non-promotional descriptions of the organization and its products or services
- Language that describes a quality or feature of a product or service in qualitative terms provided it is not overly promotional and is true and accurate
- Availability of a discount or special offer
- Reference to free trials or products that are free
- Language directing the user to the sponsor’s website or another source for more information, to redeem a discount or offer, or to purchase an item
- Tracking language such as "promo code MissionBox," "offer code MissionBox" and "coupon code MissionBox."
Digital sponsorship messages should not include:
- Specific product or service pricing
- Comparative language that makes reference to or denigrates a competitor
- Language that expresses views on an issue of public importance or controversy
- Promotional language for prescription drug products or FDA regulated medical devices
- Clinical test claims or similar claims
- Language that implies a MissionBox endorsement or testimonial
- Language or design attributes that mimic editorial content
- Animation or visuals that are overly intrusive or commercial in style.
Sponsored MissionBox Content
A Sponsor may sponsor content supplied by MissionBox ("Sponsored MissionBox Content"), as follows.
- All Sponsored MissionBox Content will receive one 720 x 150 sized ad.
- Files must be a jpeg or .png
- 40 to 100kb preferred file size – 2 MB maximum
Sponsor-generated content is an article that is written by or on behalf of the Sponsor. Sponsor is solely responsible for this Advertising Content.
- In addition to receiving one 720 x 150 sized ad., the Sponsor will also receive a byline that reads, "Paid and posted by [NAME OF SPONSOR]", and a 100 x 100 logo.
- Files must be .jpeg or .png
- 40 to 100kb preferred file size – 2 MB maximum size.
- If there are 7 or fewer paragraphs, the ad will be at the bottom of the content
- If there are 8 - 11 paragraphs, it will appear above the halfway paragraph
- If there are 12+ paragraphs, it will appear above the 1/3 paragraph
- The terms and conditions in the Directory Listing Services Agreement apply to MissionBox’s publication of Advertising Content. They are incorporated here by reference. http://www.missionbox.com/directory-terms-conditions
- Advertising content is subject to MissionBox’s approval. MissionBox reserves the right to reject or cancel any advertisement or sponsorship at any time and for any reason. Only publication of an advertisement shall constitute final acceptance of the Sponsor’s order.
- Positioning of advertisements is at the discretion of MissionBox.
- Sponsor and/or its agency assumes liability for all content of sponsor-generated content, and for all other Information supplied by Sponsor and published by MissionBox. The Sponsor and/or its agency grants MissionBox the right and license to use, reproduce, transmit, and distribute all creative materials supplied by or on behalf of the Sponsor, including, without limitation, all text, graphics, logos, illustrations, and photographs (the "Creative"). Without limiting the foregoing, the Sponsor and/or the Sponsor’s agency grant MissionBox the right to use the Creative for all purposes described in MissionBox’s content publishing terms and conditions.
- Sponsor and/or its agency represents and warrants that it has all the necessary rights in the Creative; (ii) the Creative does not violate any applicable law or regulation; and (iii) the Creative does not violate or infringe upon any third-party right in any manner or contain any material or information that is defamatory, libelous, slanderous, that violates any person’s right of publicity, privacy or personality; or that may otherwise result in any tort, injury, damages or harm to any person. The Sponsor and/or its agency acknowledges that MissionBox is relying on the foregoing in representations and warranties.
- The Sponsor and/or its agency agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold MissionBox and its respective officers, directors, and employees harmless from and against any and all expenses and losses of any kind (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) incurred on the basis of a breach of any of the foregoing representations and warranties or in connection with any claim arising from or related to any advertisement supplied by the Sponsor and/or its agency, including, but not limited to, claims of copyright or trademark infringement and claims of libel or invasion of privacy.
- The Sponsor and/or it agency is responsible for checking the accuracy of the proofs it receives.
- Changes in existing Advertising Content must be received in writing at least 10 business days prior to the next monthly renewal date.
- MissionBox shall not be liable for any costs or damages if, for any reason, it fails to publish Advertising Content. MissionBox is not liable for delays in publication or display in the event of an Act of God, action by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity, fire, flood, insurrection, riot, explosion, embargo, strikes (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transmission or network interruption of any kind, work slowdown, or any condition beyond the control of MissionBox.
- MissionBox shall not be liable to the Sponsor and/or its agency for any technical malfunction, computer error or loss of data, or other injury, damages or disruption to advertisements or Web sites, that is beyond the control of MissionBox. MissionBox has no obligation to detect the presence of any computer virus or other technology or software causing damage to end user’s computers in any item received from Sponsor and/or its agency.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND REMEDY: MissionBox’s sole liability for any error for which it might be responsible will not exceed the rate charged by MissionBox for publication of the Advertising Content. Sponsor’s sole remedy shall be republication of the Advertising Content without charge. Claims for errors must be made in writing within 30 days of the issue date or the date the Advertising Content first appeared online.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT. Unless specifically agreed to in writing by MissionBox, these Advertising Terms and Conditions shall supersede and control any contrary provision of any Sponsor or agency provide contract, insertion order, or copy instructions, even if the included advertisement is published. MissionBox does not accept insertion orders containing disclaimers of any kind.