Bright by Text
BBT is brought to you by United Way for Greater Austin and is a project of Start Smart Texas. Sign up to receive high quality, up-to-date information about child development right to your phone. Bright by Text sends free activities, games and resources 1-2 times per week. Messages are targeted to your child’s age and include information on child development, language and early literacy, health and safety, behavioral tips, and more! Bright by Text is completely free to sign up, but message and data rates may apply.
Your role as a Partner
We have set a goal to get to 3,500 signups by the end of 2019.....and we need your help to make it happen!
We could not run BBT without your support, and we are ready to ramp up signups and reach out goal together!
Getting more sign ups
If you'll be hosting or involved with any events, please be sure to utilize the paper sign up sheets so we can help caregivers enroll!
We have a confidential process for returning forms with signatures and permission - so be sure to follow up with: Morgan.Messick@uwatx.org or Martina.Santesteban@uwatx.org for more info!
Schedule local BBT messages for your program or agency
We rely on YOU, our community partners to keep us in the know about events, happenings and opportunities for caregivers to engage with their children in meaningful ways. Please fill out THIS FORM to submit messages for our community.
(this is the biggest gap in our process at the moment, and we need your help to provide more quality info!)
Some helpful info when planning your local message
- 1. All messages go out to caregivers in English and Spanish, and you will be required to submit the content in both languages.
- If you need support to translate your message into Spanish, please let Martina Santesteban know! We are happy to help you.
- 2. Messages are limited to 140 characters including all punctuation and spaces. This does not include the URL. Please be mindful of that when submitting your content, otherwise we will have to edit the message down to fit the limit.
- 3. All messages need a link or URL to accompany the message. This allows us to track engagement to see how many caregivers are clicking to find out more info. We can then help refine the messages we send. If you do not have a link to accompany your message content, we can work with you on that! Some ideas include a Facebook event or a link to a PDF flyer.
- 4. The more you can link your content to early brain development, the better the engagement with caregivers! Our data is showing that activities that support healthy development are popular among our subscribers.