COVID-19: Current & Future Impact on Public Health - Community Discussion
Tuesday, June 9, 2020
11:30 AM - Duration: 1 hour
Hello Travis County Communities,
As you may know, the American Heart Association (AHA) is working locally, nationally and internationally with researchers, medical experts, community leaders, businesses and families to reduce the impact of the coronavirus. On June 9th, we will be hosting a community discussion about the impact of COVID-19 on our community and where we go from here.
Join us as we explore: ·
- The AHA’s role in addressing the healthcare inequities uncovered by the pandemic ·
- A deep-dive into what local COVID-19 testing centers are seeing on the frontlines ·
- The connection between COVID-19 and hypertension and strategies to assist patients ·
- Our local public health response and what future efforts might look like
Featured speakers include: ·
- Gerald Johnson, EVP, Health Equity & AHA Chief Diversity Officer ·
- Chris Crookham, Austin Public Health Emergency Preparedness Manager ·
- Dr. Susan DuBois, MD, CommUnityCare
We hope you will join us for this important discussion. This event is open to the public.
For more information, please contact your AHA representative or email Emily.Zhang@heart.org