Unraveling the Mystery of Texas Early Childhood Data
Wednesday, May 26, 2021
9:00 AM - Expected Duration: 2.5 hours
United Ways of Texas (UWT) is proud to partner with the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) to invite you to Unraveling the Mystery of Texas Early Childhood Data, a series of virtual learning opportunities built specifically for early childhood community collaboratives.
Who? Are you involved in an early childhood collaborative in your community? Unraveling the Mystery of Texas Early Childhood Data was built for you and you collaborative partners, including DFPS-funded early childhood coalitions, and other community-based coalitions that are part of Start Smart Texas, Help Me Grow, Early Matters, Momentum, or that participated in the TEA Preschool Development Grant convenings. Please share this invitation with others in your collaboratives!
What? This series of virtual learning sessions are an opportunity to hear from local, state, and national-level experts on early childhood education, maternal/child health, child welfare, and education data. The Texas Department of Family and Protective Services developed this, in partnership with the Texas Department of State Health Services, the Texas Education Agency, Texas Health and Human Services Commission, and the Texas Workforce Commission. Session dates are:
- April 28th 9 am – 11:30 am
- May 26th 9 am - 11:30 am
- June 23rd 9 am – 11:30 am
- July 28th 9 am – 11:30 am
What is in it for you? Structured as a series, participants will walk away from these sessions with:
- Data for your community including, public health, early education, education, childcare, child welfare and safety data.
- Tangible next steps for your community collaborative to use the data accessed in these sessions to help further your work.
- Ideas from other Texas communities that have successfully used data to strengthen their work, resulting in raised public awareness of needs, improved outcomes, and increased funding.
- Examples of how state level experts have integrated data into their work.
What are we asking from you as a participant? This series of virtual sessions will be interactive, so we hope that participants come ready to roll up their sleeves and ready to work! Community participants may want to connect in between sessions to start integrating the data and learnings in to your work.