Family Support Network
Collective Strategic Planning for the SB6 SRAP, Project HOPES, and Family Connects Texas
United Way for Greater Austin - facilitator
Meeting location – Workforce Solutions
October 30, 2018
· Educate and build support among colleagues and the public at-large for research-based family support services including parenting education, home visiting, casework for families with young children
· Recommend policy decisions and advocate for more of our region’s resources dedicated to our youngest residents
· Identify opportunities for collaborative grant proposals.
· Align our respective programs, as appropriate, to avoid duplication of services.
· Oversee and monitor progress on the strategies in the SB6 SRAP
Framing of the meeting – Sue Carpenter
|12:35||5-Year Strategic Plan – Goals and Strategies |
|1:00||Early Head Start competition – partnership opportunities|
|1:15||Travis County funding cycle - handout |
Timeline and advocacy opportunities
|1:30||Early Matters Greater Austin|
Meeting schedule – Quarterly – February, May, August, November
Ready Families Goal
Families have access to and use the resources that provide them with the knowledge, skills, confidence, and social supports to positively nurture the health, safety, and development of their children, and develop greater financial stability.
The FSN is the community workgroup for the Project HOPES grant to prevent child abuse and neglect and for the Texas Family Connects Community Alignment Coalition.