Thank you to all organizations and supporters that took part.
Updated November 13, 2018
MissionBox is excited to announce the recipient of our October 2018 grant from the MissionBox Philanthropic Fund.
Congratulations Southeast Missouri Food Bank
Founded in 1985, Southeast Missouri Food Bank’s basic purpose is to Reach More, Help More, Feed More. The simple statement serves as a visionary and meaningful summary of Southeast Missouri Food Bank’s goals, while expressing exactly what it is The Food Bank does. In addition to food distribution and services to 180 nonprofits, SEMO Food Bank has direct-service programs such as the Backpack for Fridays Program, Truck to Table Mobile Food Pantry, ABC (A Better Childhood) Pantry and more.
Congratulations Beads of Courage
Beads of Courage provides innovative, arts-in-medicine supportive care programs for children coping with serious illness, their families and the health care providers who care for them. Beads of Courage works diligently to transform the treatment experience for children coping with chronic, life threatening illness through our arts-in-medicine programs.
In 11 years since its inception, Beads of Courage has established the programs in over 240 children's hospitals in the United States, New Zealand, Canada, the United Kingdom and Japan. The organizational growth is evidence of the need for the type of support Beads of Courage provides for children coping with serious illness.
MissionBox extends our sincere thanks to all organizations and supporters for participating in our October 2018 grant.
If you are like most nonprofits, you lose about half of your major donors each year. This means you are constantly backfilling to maintain financial sustainability, rather than getting ahead of the donation curve.
In 200 words or less, describe your biggest donor retention challenge/s and how you addressed those challenges. We’ll share the best stories with all our many readers and two (2) applicants will receive a $250.00 cash microgrant.
The MissionBox Philanthropic Fund is offering two, $250 (USD or equivalent) grant awards for October 2018 to a nonprofit or charity, from anywhere in the world.
Grant opens October 4, 9:00 a.m., CDT and closes October 31, 5:00 p.m., CDT. Winners will be announced in November 2018.
All you need to do is follow these application steps:
If you DO NOT currently have a MissionBox organization profile:
- First, create your organization’s profile on MissionBox. It is your responsibility to carefully follow and fully complete your organizational profile on MissionBox. This will allow the MissionBox Philanthropic Fund to ensure that applicants represent an actively registered charity or nonprofit. Important note: Only nonprofits and charities with completed profiles are eligible.
Your organizational profile submission indicates that you agree to allow MissionBox to republish descriptions of your work, in any available medium, as attributed to you or your organization.
- Second, in 200 words or less, describe your biggest donor retention challenge/s and how you addressed those challenges. and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you DO currently have a MissionBox organization profile:
- In 200 words or less, describe your biggest donor retention challenge/s and how you addressed those challenges and send it to email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase or fee is required to apply or be chosen as a grant recipient. Each organizational profile and an engagement entry may only be submitted once.
- Submissions must be provided in English.
- If an insufficient number of eligible entries are received, MissionBox reserves the right to award remaining grant funds in a future grant award program.
Applicants must be affiliated with an organization that is an IRS-approved nonprofit, or a registered charity or NGO in the organization’s country of origin.
Qualified organizations will be asked to confirm that they comply with the following nonprofit operating guidelines:
- Organization must have been a registered nonprofit, NGO or charity and in operation for at least one year.
- Organization may be asked to verify the above by providing documentation.
- Applicant agrees to allow MissionBox to publish information about the mission of the nonprofit or charity in any media format selected by MissionBox.
- If requested, the applicant agrees to meet with a representative of the MissionBox Philanthropic Fund about their organization.
- Applicant agrees that all questions related to the grant application will be transmitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not call MissionBox with questions. Callers will become ineligible to receive a grant.
- Any taxes incurred, or tax reporting required because of receiving grant funds are the responsibility of the recipient. Neither MissionBox, Inc. nor the MissionBox Philanthropic Fund shall be liable for deducting or reporting any tax associated with this transaction. This grant program is null and void in any jurisdiction where prohibited by law.
- MissionBox employees, officers, directors, and shareholders, or members of their immediate families (spouse, children, brother, sister, mother, father) are not eligible to apply for grant awards.
The MissionBox Philanthropic Fund is a fund of the Austin Community Foundation (ACF).