We're amplifying your organization's creativity and mission with a professionally produced song, PLUS a $1000 grant
If you submitted a haiku to MissionBox in June 2018, you are in luck! MissionBox has decided to increase the fun and share the inspiration with a July grant opportunity that provides for one June haiku submitter organization to gain a $1,000 cash grant and a professionally written, performed and produced song, that will be captured on video, highlighting mission-commitment.
So many nonprofits that submitted a haiku wrote us a special note, telling us how enjoyable and exciting it was to submit a haiku inspired by the heart of their mission.
EVEN IF YOU DID NOT WIN THE JUNE HAIKU GRANTS AWARD YOU ARE STILL ELIGIBLE FOR THIS JULY GRANT!
This music production is valued at over $10,000 and can be used in social media, on your website and as a theme for fundraising events — amplifying your organization’s work and increasing funder, staff and volunteer engagement with your nonprofit or charity.
- The winner of this $1,000 and music award will be chosen via crowdsourced voting. The organization with the highest number of recommendations will be awarded the grant.
Read here about how Cystic Fibrosis Western Australia amplified their exposure and grew their organization with poetry and music.
The MissionBox Philanthropic Fund is offering a $1,000 (USD or equivalent) grant award for July 2018 to a nonprofit or charity, from anywhere in the world, that submitted a haiku about their mission during our June 2018 grant program.
The July 2018 grant opens July 2, 2018, 9:00 a.m., CDST and closes July 28, 2018, 5:00 p.m. CDST. Grant recipient will be announced in August.
- Your nonprofit must have 1) An organizational profile on MissionBox, 2) Met eligibility requirements to enter our June 2018 grant AND 3) Submitted a haiku adhering to the syllable and line restrictions as outlined in our June 2018 grant.
- Organizations that have previously been awarded a crowdsourced grant in the past six months are not eligible for the July 2018 grant.
- MissionBox will be notifying all eligible organizations by email of their inclusion in the July 2018 grant. Organizations can choose to opt-out of this grant program by contacting email@example.com.
All submitted organizational profiles and haikus may be subsequently published on MissionBox. Your organizational profile submission indicates that you agree to allow MissionBox to republish descriptions of your work, in any available medium, as attributed to you or your organization.
How to get your supporters to recommend your organization
Copy your MissionBox organization profile URL from your browser's address bar, and share the link with your consumers, constituent groups and supporters. Ask them to visit your profile and recommend your organization by clicking the "thumbs up".
Each supporter can only vote once for your organization and will need to provide their email. Please note: Email addresses associated with ANY recommendations to ANY nonprofit, charity or NGO that are invalid, incorrect or duplicative will result in the removal of that recommendation from overall organization recommendation totals.
- MissionBox claims the sole discretion to identify and remove invalid recommendations. To inquire further, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: MissionBox does not share, sell or distribute any protected information, such as emails, regarding organizations, readers or supporters (For our UK readers: MissionBox is GDPR compliant).
About the artists:
Stefon “Bionik” Taylor has composed, arranged and collaborated on hip-hop, pop, dancehall, soul and funk records with classic and contemporary artists ranging from Phil Collins to Lizzo. He’s been in the studio with legendary producers like George Martin (The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix) and Peter Mokran (R. Kelly, Mary J. Blige, The Flaming Lips). His original compositions and productions have been synced in the Fast and Furious series, Grownish television show, Power Rangers Movie, NBA 2K video game series and many more. He recently produced and co-written with Lazerbeak, Lizzo, GRRRL PRTY and Manchita. In the past, Bionik has donated original songs and production to Cystic Fibrosis of Western Australia, Chicago’s The Happiness Club and Urban Arts Academy of Minneapolis.
As a COMPAS teaching artist, and instructor at Slam Academy, which offers certified Ableton training, Bionik brings his knowledge and experience to people of all ages and backgrounds.
Manchita has performed with Tha Clerb (Mike Mictlan, Lizzo, Spyder Baybie Raw Dog, and 2%Muck and, more recently, GRRRL PRTY (Lizzo, Sophia Eris, DJ Shannon Blowtorch). In a departure from the ferocious swagger evident in GRRRL PRTY's most recent release GRRRL PRTY x BIONIK, she will be revealing a new project with Bionik that promises to reveal a moodier, more heavy-hearted body of content — centered on love, loss and survival. Manchita is personally devoted to projects supporting nonprofits and mental health.
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase or fee is required to apply or be chosen as a grant recipient.
- Submissions must be provided in English.
- If an insufficient number of eligible entries are received, MissionBox reserves the right to award remaining grant funds in a future grant award program.
Applicants must be affiliated with an organization that is an IRS-approved nonprofit or a registered charity or NGO in the organization’s country of origin.
Qualified organizations will be asked to confirm that they comply with the following nonprofit operating guidelines:
- Organization must have been a registered nonprofit, NGO or charity and in operation for at least one year.
- Organization may be asked to verify the above by providing documentation.
- Applicant agrees to allow MissionBox to publish information about the mission of the nonprofit or charity in any media format selected by MissionBox.
- If requested, Applicant agrees to meet with a representative of the MissionBox Philanthropic Fund about his or her organization.
- Applicant agrees to allow email and/or phone contact by MissionBox during and immediately after the grant selection.
- Applicant agrees that all questions related to the grant application will be transmitted via email to email@example.com. Please do not call MissionBox with questions. Callers will become ineligible to receive a grant.
- Any taxes incurred, or tax reporting required because of receiving grant funds are the responsibility of the recipient. Neither MissionBox, Inc. nor the MissionBox Philanthropic Fund shall be liable for deducting or reporting any tax associated with this transaction. This grant program is null and void in any jurisdiction where prohibited by law.
- MissionBox employees, officers, directors, and shareholders, or members of their immediate families (spouse, children, brother, sister, mother, father) are not eligible to apply for grant awards.
The MissionBox Philanthropic Fund is a fund of the Austin Community Foundation (ACF).