Crowdsourced voting! Ask your supporters to vote on your completed MissionBox organization profile
MissionBox knows that high-quality services provided to our youth can help shape the health and well-being of future adults.
The MissionBox Philanthropic Fund is offering a May 2018, $3,500 cash grant award to a nonprofit or charity, from anywhere in the world, that significantly contributes to the empowerment and/or well-being of teens (13-19 years of age).
Specifically, this single $3,500 grant will be awarded to any registered nonprofit or charity that provides services in the following areas: mental health or counseling support, substance abuse/misuse treatment, family support, LGBT support services, vocational or life training, community engagement, health or wellness education or personal safety, intended to empower teens and improve their lives.
Your organization is asked only to complete a MissionBox Organizational Profile. Instructions on how to access and complete your profile are included in this announcement and are your responsibility to exactly follow.
Make your profile stand out with your logo and information about your mission, programs and service area/s.
Now, ask your teen consumers, volunteers, and donors to go to your organizational profile and give a “Thumbs Up” recommendation for the great work of your nonprofit or charity.
How to get your supporters to recommend your organization
After you have completed your organization's profile on MissionBox, copy the organization profile URL from your browser's address bar, and share the link with your teen consumers, constituent groups and supporters. Ask them to visit your profile and recommend your organization by clicking the "thumbs up".
Each supporter can only vote once for your organization and will need to provide their email. NOTE: MissionBox does not share, sell or distribute any protected information, such as emails, regarding organizations, readers or supporters (For UK: MissionBox is GDPR compliant).
Grant opens May 3rd, 9:00 a.m., CSDT and closes May 31, 2018. Prioritize completion of your nonprofit profile ASAP, so you can accept votes. Make your organization’s profile a showcase of your mission delivery!
You can track the number of votes you have received by going to your organizational profile and viewing your count. We will be updating the list of most recommended organizations on the hour here.
The organizational profile with the largest number of “Thumbs Up” recommendations on May 31st at 5 p.m., CDST, will be awarded a $3,500 cash grant for non-restricted use by your registered nonprofit or charity.
All you need to do is follow these two easy application steps:
- Complete your organization’s profile. It is your responsibility to carefully follow and fully complete your organizational profile on missionbox.com. This will allow the MissionBox Philanthropic Fund to ensure that applicants represent an active registered charity or nonprofit serving teen consumers. Only completed profiles are eligible, regardless of the number of "thumbs up" votes you receive.
- Engage your teen service recipients and supporters to sign up on MissionBox.com and provide a “Thumbs Up” recommendation in your completed profile regarding the impact of your organization’s services.
All submitted Organizational profiles may be subsequently published on MissionBox.com. Your organizational profile submission indicates that you agree to allow MissionBox.com to republish descriptions of your work, in any available medium, as attributed to you or your organization.
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase or fee is required to apply or be chosen as a grant recipient. Each organizational profile and “Thumbs Up” recommendation by consumers may only be submitted once.
- Submissions must be provided in English.
- If an insufficient number of eligible entries are received, MissionBox reserves the right to award remaining grant funds in a future grant award program.
Applicants must be affiliated with an organization that is an IRS-approved nonprofit or a registered charity or NGO in the organization’s country of origin.
Qualified organizations will be asked to confirm that they comply with the following nonprofit operating guidelines:
- Organization must have been a registered nonprofit, NGO or charity and in operation for at least one year and include specific teen-related (ages 13-19) services in their stated mission.
- Organization may be asked to verify the above by providing documentation.
- Applicant agrees to allow MissionBox to publish information about the mission of the nonprofit or charity in any media format selected by MissionBox.
- If requested, Applicant agrees to meet with a representative of the MissionBox Philanthropic Fund about his or her organization.
- Applicant agrees to allow email and/or phone contact by MissionBox during and immediately after the grant selection.
- Applicant agrees that all questions related to the grant application will be transmitted via email to email@example.com. Please do not call MissionBox with questions. Callers will become ineligible to receive a grant.
- Any taxes incurred, or tax reporting required because of receiving grant funds are the responsibility of the recipient. Neither MissionBox, Inc., nor the MissionBox Philanthropic Fund shall be liable for deducting or reporting any tax associated with this transaction. This grant program is null and void in any jurisdiction where prohibited by law.
- MissionBox employees, officers, directors, and shareholders, or members of their immediate families (spouse, children, brother, sister, mother, father) are not eligible to apply for grant awards.
The MissionBox Philanthropic Fund is a fund of the Austin Community Foundation (ACF).