Crowdsourced voting! Ask your supporters to vote on your completed MissionBox organization profile!
MissionBox Philanthropic Fund Announcement: Two nonprofits or charities, from anywhere in the world, that receive the largest number of “thumbs up” votes on their completed MissionBox organizational profile will receive a $2,500 cash grant award. Ask your donors, supporters, staff and volunteers to go to your organization profile on MissionBox, give your nonprofit or charity a "thumbs up" vote of support and, if you gather the most votes, receive one of two $2,500 cash grants.
Two grants will be available, but ALL applicants will be featured on MissionBox.com, along with links to your website and how to donate to your worthy organization. Our goal: to increase your nonprofit visibility and expand your supporter community.
How to apply:
Complete your MissionBox organizational profile (instructions attached). Only completed profiles are eligible, regardless of the number of "thumbs up" votes you receive. Instructions on how to access and complete your profile are included in this announcement and are your responsibility to exactly follow.
Make your profile stand out with your logo and information about your mission, programs and service area/s.
- BONUS: An additional 100 “thumbs up” will be added to your total if you include a photo of your staff and/or volunteers. Be creative — make a splash and increase awareness of your important work and your dedicated people.
- DOUBLE BONUS: Earn an additional 100 "thumbs up" by letting your donors and supporters know that you participate in MissionBox Philanthropic Fund Grant programs by including this information on your website. Find options here: MissionBox: Your Global Network of Nonprofit Knowledge
How to get your supporters to recommend your organization
After you have completed your organization's profile on MissionBox, copy the organization profile URL from your browser's address bar, and share the link with your constituent groups and supporters. Ask them to visit your profile and recommend your organization by clicking the "thumbs up".
Each supporter can only vote once for your organization and will need to provide their email. NOTE: MissionBox does not share, sell or distribute any protected information, such as emails, regarding organizations, readers or supporters (For UK: MissionBox is GDPR compliant).
Grant opens February 12, 2018 and closes February 28th, 2018. Prioritize completion of your nonprofit profile ASAP, so you can accept votes. Make your organization’s profile a showcase of your mission delivery!
You can can track the number of votes you have received by going to your organizational profile and viewing your count. We will be updating the list of most recommended organizations on the hour here.
Please read the Grant Award Submission Guidelines in full prior to submitting your application.
Instructions for setting up an Organization profile are attached in a PDF file, below. It is up to you to follow ALL the directions. It's quick and easy to complete.
On February 28th, at 5 PM CST, the final tally of "thumbs up" votes will be reviewed. All applicants will be informed of the results on March 2nd 2018.
**In the event of a tie, the vote will repeat in March, only among the top tying finalists, until there are two award winners as determined by the total number of thumbs up received.
Terms and Conditions
Applicants must be 18 years of age or older. No purchase or fee is required to apply or be chosen as a grant recipient.
If an insufficient number of eligible entries are received, MissionBox reserves the right to award remaining grant funds in a future grant award program.
- Applicants must be affiliated with an organization that is an IRS-approved nonprofit or a registered charity or NGO in the organization’s country of origin.
- Applicant agrees to allow MissionBox to publish any submitted content, along with information about the mission of the nonprofit or charity in any media format selected by MissionBox.
- If requested, Applicant agrees to meet with a representative of the MissionBox Philanthropic Fund about his or her organization.
- Applicant agrees to allow email and/or phone contact by MissionBox during and immediately after the grant selection.
- Applicant agrees that all questions related to the grant application will be transmitted via email to email@example.com. Please do not call MissionBox with questions. Callers will become ineligible to receive a grant.
- Any taxes incurred, or tax reporting required because of receiving grant funds are the responsibility of the recipient. Neither MissionBox, Inc., nor the MissionBox Philanthropic Fund shall be liable for deducting or reporting any tax associated with this transaction. This grant program is null and void in any jurisdiction where prohibited by law.
- MissionBox employees, officers, directors, and shareholders, or members of their immediate families (spouse, children, brother, sister, mother, father) are not eligible to apply for grant awards.
- The MissionBox Philanthropic Fund is a fund of the Austin Community Foundation (ACF). All funds awarded may be distributed by ACF.