Two $1,500 grants for nonprofits and charities that support immigrants and refugees. Submit your compelling case story to qualify.
In January 2018, the MissionBox Philanthropic Fund is offering two $1,500 (US dollars or equivalent) cash grant awards to nonprofits or charities, from anywhere in the world, that specifically contribute to the basic needs, education and/or protection of individuals and/or families who have been forced to flee their country of origin. You are only asked to provide documentation of your service delivery model, with compelling case stories. Telling your mission story is a way to both share your successful practices and make your good work visible to interested donors.
Grant opens starting on January 12, 2018.
Need help in crafting your case story?
- 4 Easy Steps to Telling Your Nonprofit's Story of Success
- Videos for Nonprofits: A Quick Guide
- How to Choose Shareworthy Images for Social Media
- Tell Your Own Story: Why It's OK to Market Your Nonprofit
MissionBox will publish your submission for the information and education of interested MissionBox.com nonprofit readers. Your program delivery and stories can help another nonprofit that is working hard to provide similar services. Your mission-based story will also be more visible to existing and potential donors via MissionBox social media campaigns.
Two $1,500 grants will be awarded to nonprofits or charities that provide services in the following areas: counseling, support, training, education, safety or financial assistance to immigrants that are intended to improve their lives.
Only two grants are available, but ALL applicants will be featured on MissionBox.com, along with links to your website and how to donate to your worthy organization.
The grants will be awarded to the most compelling and/or valuable examples of case stories in service delivery, as described in any of the following content types:
- Videos (less than three minutes, please) NOTE: This does not include organizational promotional videos
- Educational papers (white papers, knowledge sharing papers)
- Training presentations
All you need to do is follow these two easy application steps:
- Complete your organization’s profile. This will allow MissionBox Philanthropic Fund to ensure that applicants represent a registered charity or nonprofit.
- Attach your white paper, video or article about your program and mission delivery. Feel free to include pictures, testimonials and related research.
Send your content to firstname.lastname@example.org before January 26th, 2018 5 PM Central Standard Time (US). The Award will be announced on January 31st, 2018.
Please read these Grant Award Submission Guidelines in full prior to submitting your application
Instructions for setting up an Organization Profile:
That’s it! Once you apply, we’ll gather the applications and the MissionBox Nonprofit Advisory Board will select the grant award recipients. All applicants will be informed of the results on January 31, 2018.
NOTE: These awards are available to any registered nonprofit or charity, from any country in the world. The decisions of the judges are understood to be both subjective and final.
MissionBox is committed to promote sharing of information, education, best practices and impact with all nonprofits, on a global basis.
January 2018 Cash Grant Award Submission Guidelines
- Applicants must have the right to publish or republish content submitted with the grant application and content.
- All submissions may be subsequently published on MissionBox.com. Content chosen for publication will be attributed to the author/owner, with that individual or organization listed as a contributor. Content is subject to light edits, as needed for search engine optimization and style. Your content submission indicates that you agree to allow MissionBox.com to republish your work, as attributed to you or your organization.
Terms and Conditions
Applicants must be 18 years of age or older. No purchase or fee is required to apply or be chosen as a grant recipient. Each piece of content may only be submitted once; however, there is no maximum number of entries per applicant.
Submissions must be provided in English. If an insufficient number of eligible entries are received, MissionBox reserves the right to award remaining grant funds in a future grant award program.
Applicants must be affiliated with an organization that is an IRS-approved nonprofit or a registered charity or NGO in the organization’s country of origin.
Qualified organizations will be asked to confirm that they comply with the following nonprofit operating guidelines:
- Organization must provide immigrant support-related health or human services or education/support.
- Organization must have been a registered nonprofit, NGO or charity and in operation for at least one year.
- Organization may be asked to verify the above by providing documentation.
- Applicant agrees to allow MissionBox to publish any submitted content, along with information about the mission of the nonprofit or charity in any media format selected by MissionBox.
- If requested, Applicant agrees to meet with a representative of the MissionBox Philanthropic Fund about his or her organization.
- Applicant understands that there is one submission round only and applicant and organization both agree that the subjective selection of the grant award winner by the MissionBox Advisory Board is fair, impartial, final and without recourse.
- Applicant agrees to allow email and/or phone contact by MissionBox during and immediately after the grant selection.
- Applicant agrees that all questions related to the grant application will be transmitted via email to email@example.com. Please do not call MissionBox with questions. Callers will become ineligible to receive a grant.
- Any taxes incurred, or tax reporting required because of receiving grant funds are the responsibility of the recipient. Neither MissionBox, Inc., nor the MissionBox Philanthropic Fund shall be liable for deducting or reporting any tax associated with this transaction. This grant program is null and void in any jurisdiction where prohibited by law.
- MissionBox employees, officers, directors, and shareholders, or members of their immediate families (spouse, children, brother, sister, mother, father) are not eligible to apply for grant awards.
The MissionBox Philanthropic Fund is a fund of the Austin Community Foundation (ACF). All funds awarded will be distributed by ACF.