NEW POLICY BRIEF: The Importance of Father Involvement
Research links healthy father involvement to better outcomes on nearly every measure of child wellbeing, from cognitive development and academic achievement to self-esteem and pro-social behavior.
The Child and Family Research Partnership has a large body of work on fatherhood and the importance of father involvement in the lives of their children. We've written an informative, short brief that compiles what the research says on:
- what father involvement means
- the benefits of father involvement
- the barriers to father involvement
- consequences of limited father involvement
- how to promote father involvement