Any Baby Can is hiring a Bilingual Home Parent Educator to provide case management, parenting education and child development services to low-income families with children, birth to 5 years.
Provide home-based educational visits using the Parents as Teachers curriculum.
Provide required face-to-face visits per month in fidelity with Parents as Teachers model.
Maintain a maximum caseload as required to meet the needs of the program.
Provide case management in the home, in the school, and at other sites as needed in concert with developing and maintaining good rapport with parents and their children on their caseload.
Develop and update service plans for each client and provide appropriate referrals.
Use the service plans and assessments as the basis for all case management and educational activities with the parents and children.
- Support the planning and implementation of structured parent-child group events.
- Collaborate with members of other agencies in the area and advocate to ensure that eligible families are receiving requested services.
- Work with families and other community service providers to accomplish appropriate transitions for children who are ready for other programs or who age out of HFS.
- Remain current on new findings in child-development research and complete trainings to acquire and maintain certifications required for the position.
- Assist in agency outreach efforts as needed.
- Assist in quality assurance procedures and activities.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled staff and collaboration meetings, prepared to report on new families and their individual situations.
Complete computer-based information on each client.
Complete all paperwork and documentation accurately and within program timelines.
Other assignments may be added as needed or required.
- Bachelor's degree in social work, early childhood development, education, public health or related field and a minimum of 2 years professional experience, social work preferred
- Language skills in English and Spanish, both verbal and written modalities, required.
- Parents as Teachers Educator certification will be required; may be acquired upon hire
- Experience and proven ability to work with low-income and culturally diverse families having multiple needs and limited resources; experience with home visits, strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to develop program plans and work independently as well as contribute as an active and collaborative team member
- Proven ability to maintain detailed and accurate program records, meet deadlines, work well under pressure, and handle crisis situations.
- Strong computer proficiency with all MS Office suite products, especially MS Word and Excel, along with a familiarity of database applications.
- Must have reliable transportation to travel within the assigned region; if driving own vehicle, must have valid driver’s license and current vehicle insurance.
- Ability to sit, stand, kneel as necessary to fulfill daily duties assigned.
- Ability to effectively/clearly communicate.