Job Opportunity: Success By 6 Family-based Child Care Program Manager
Department: Mission Advancement
Who we are:
United Way for Greater Austin (United Way ATX) brings people, ideas, and resources together to fight poverty in our community. Through our focus areas of Education, Health and Financial Stability, we build opportunity for all people in Greater Austin. We unite the community around collective goals, strategically invest in partners, and execute proven programs that make a real difference for children and families. Something special happens when we Live United.
What we offer:
United Way ATX leads the Austin/Travis County Success By 6 (SX6) Coalition, a community-wide collaborative working under a strategic plan to ensure all children enter Kindergarten happy, healthy, and prepared to succeed. The SX6 Family-based Child Care (FBCC) Program Manager will be part the highly collaborative United Way ATX SX6 team and work with highly engaged community partners. They will lead the SX6 Family-based Child Care Work Group in building a system of support for family-based child care providers that is informed by brain science and improves quality while meeting the needs of working families and their young children. The FBCC Program Manager partners with community-based organizations to engage FBCC providers to design provider networks and support services that increase the quality of child care and improve outcomes for young children in our community. This will include leading strategic planning as part of the larger SX6 Coalition, managing grants from United Way ATX to partners and FBCC programs, and coordinating advocacy efforts. Success is trusted, active family child care networks serving providers in Austin/Travis County that lead to increased professionalization and quality.
You will get to work on these projects and more:
- Coordinate all FBCC work under the SX6 Strategic Plan’s Quality Care & Education focus
- Convene and lead the SX6 Family-based Child Care Work Group composed of community stakeholders
- Conduct an FBCC landscape analysis in Austin/Travis County
- Manage grants to partner organizations and/or additional programmatic funding secured to implement FBCC system goals
- Ensure relevant, community-level data is collected, reported, and used to advance the FBCC goals of the SX6 strategic plan (with support from the United Way ATX Data & Evaluation team)
- Identify and disseminate best practices for FBCC programs, policies and systems’ infrastructure
What you’ll gain:
- The pride that comes with making a real difference in your community
- Supported experience with strategic planning and leadership of community coalitions and partnerships
- Experience managing programs including data and evaluation, grant funds, and reporting
- Knowledge of how a nonprofit operates
- A chance to work in a professional environment with ample opportunities to network with passionate Austin professionals
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum 5 years related experience; family-child care and/or licensed child care management nonprofit experience a plus
- Fluent in both English and Spanish
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Local experience with grassroots efforts and/or hard-to-reach communities
- Experience in leading effective meetings with diverse participants and supporting collaborative work
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic work environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to develop effective work plans, organize details, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- An ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced work environment
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, word processing, email, and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Interest in and commitment to the organization’s mission.
- Reliable transportation, clean driving record, and comfort with occasional local travel.
Are you ready to apply?
Start date: We are seeking candidates who can start as early as July 1, 2021
This position is located in Austin, Texas and reports directly to Vice President, Success By 6 on the Mission Advancement Team.
Program Coordination (50%)
- Lead SX6 FBCC Workgroup as part of the SX6 Coalition Strategic Plan
- Maintain information about strategic plan goals, strategies, and action steps and coordination of partnerships and collaborations.
- Build collaborative efforts with community partners and families.
- Collaborate with other state and national efforts regarding high-quality FBCC.
- Collaborate with other United Way ATX and Austin-area initiatives with ties to FBCC including United Way ATX’s Family Pathways programs.
- Identify and maintain knowledge of best practices appropriate for FBCC quality and FBCC networks.
- Monitor progress toward SX6 Strategic Plan goals related to FBCC access and quality, reporting to the Leadership Team and Stakeholders and recommending adjustments as needed to drive progress
Project Management (25%)
- Create necessary project structures, timelines, communication plans, etc.
- Ensure compliance with grant contracts and manage project budgets.
- Maintain project records and materials.
- Complete necessary reporting.
- Update internal United Way ATX team as needed.
Grant Administration (20%)
- Oversee the distribution of funds to local partners and/or FBCC programs that align with strategic priorities to implement, scale, and sustain FBCC networks and to increase quality of FBCC in Austin/Travis County.
- Inform United Way ATX decisions regarding Community Investment Grants and other investments in FBCC work to achieve strategic goals.
Other Duties as Assigned (5%)
- Support Mission Advancement Team’s collective efforts to fight poverty in Austin/Travis County.
- Participate in appropriate organizational meetings and events.