Description: Medical Assistant, EMT, Medic
Job Summary: To provide compassionate and excellent patient care by performing courteous, efficient, and
accurate service. Assist in the delivery of primary health care and patient care management. Perform a variety of
other duties related to patients’ assessment, treatment, reevaluation, and discharge. Interact with contact persons
from clients as well as staff form other departments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Patient Care.
a. Prepare examination and treatment rooms with necessary instruments.
b. Take patient histories and vital signs.
c. Prepare patient for examination and treatment.
d. Apply splints and dressings, prepare and maintain supplies and equipment for treatments including
e. Assist physicians in preparing for minor surgeries and physicals.
f. Perform phlebotomy and distributive laboratory paperwork.
g. Dispense medication as directed.
h. Instruct and educate patients about discharge instructions if applicable.
i. Perform selected nursing and administrative duties as directed.
j. Handle telephone calls from clients, patients, prospective patients, physicians, pharmacies, as well as
k. Provide solutions to patient concerns within the scope of position.
a. Provide accurate and timely documentation to staff, insurance carriers and companies.
b. Correspondence by phone, in person, or in writing with regard to patient care, i.e. insurance carriers,
physicians, non-clinic physicians.
c. Maintain patient records for clinical use, medical records use, billing use, physicians’ review, etc.
d. Log and mark charges on superbills per billing office protocols.
e. Document patient files, records, forms, and other info.
f. Assist with scheduling of test and treatments.
g. Screen phone calls for referral to physician.
h. Maintain clinical and office supplies and equipment.
i. Complete opening and closing procedures.
j. Be sure work area appears neat, well stocked, and organized.
3. Other Duties
a. Maintain disposable and non-disposable supplies, i.e. wound care supplies, laundry, etc.
b. Provide general information of department policies and procedures.
c. Attend required meetings, re-certifications, and participate in committees as requested.
d. Help produce and maintain patient education instruction hand-outs.
e. Maintain clean, professional working/treatment area.
4. Accept and assume responsibility for special projects as they arise.
5. All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum High school diploma or equivalent.
1. Ability to communicate in English both verbally and written.
2. Excellent interpersonal skills.
3. Excellent communication skills with providers, staff, management, patients and companies.
1. Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
2. Knowledge of medical practice and care to assist in giving patient care.
3. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
4. Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively and courteously deal with telephone calls, patients and families,
clients, coworkers, clinical staff and physicians.
5. Knowledge of computer function and basic office equipment.
6. Organizational and analytical skills necessary to maintain efficient workflow.
7. Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations, and procedures to administer patient care.
8. Ability to pay close attention to detail in all facets of the position.
9. Ability to adjust responsibilities to accommodate a fast-paced work environment while maintaining
excellent customer service and staff interactions.
10. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
11. Responsible for personal actions, positive action upon feedback from others.
12. Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.