Want referrals? Update your program profile!
Austin Public Health, ConnectATX, and others refer families looking for childcare to the Texas Child Care Availability Portal (formerly called the Texas Frontline Child Care Portal), the state’s website for families looking for child care. The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) recently made updates to the Portal to make it more user friendly. Please note, there is a new URL for the site – https://find.childcare.texas.gov/ – and the site now has updated search features that allow families to:
- Filter to search for programs by Texas Rising Star quality level
- Filter to view programs that offer care on the days and times they need it
- Filter to view programs that accept financial aid (child care subsidies)
- Search for childcare programs located along their commute between work and home
- Access a unique URL to a provider’s profile which can be shared with others (this profile can also be shared by the provider with potential clients)
We encourage providers to visit the portal regularly to make any updates needed to your program’s profile. This will ensure families see current information and help them connect with your program. TWC is creating a desk aid for providers on using the updated site that they will be sharing soon.
As a reminder, if you need health and safety supplies, please complete this form and we will do all we can to try to help meet your supply needs.
Please continue to encourage your staff, families you serve, and your family members, friends, and neighbors to get the COVID-19 vaccine! Austin Public Health has the Moderna vaccine which is available for people age 18 and older. For information on our walk-up, no-appointment-necessary locations, visit http://austintexas.gov/covid19-vaccines.
Vaccine providers with the Pfizer vaccine in our area are already vaccinating those ages 16 and older. This week, the Pfizer vaccine was approved for use in children ages 12-15, so many providers with Pfizer will soon begin vaccinating that age group, also. To find Pfizer providers near you, check out www.Vaccines.gov.
Thank you for all you do for children and families!