Austin Public Health has updated the City of Austin/Travis County Guidance for Open Child Care Programs. The guidance document is posted on the City’s COVID-19 web page for child care providers, along with the parent verification forms required for newly enrolling children.
Per the Health Authority Rules, child care programs in the City of Austin and/or Travis County must operate in accordance with the guidelines in this document. The key updates are:
- Added language noting that face coverings are strongly recommended for children 2 years old and older
- Noted that per the CDC, face coverings are required for transportation
- Updated the list of COVID-19 symptoms to match the CDC list of symptoms
- Added a section on related to COVID-19 vaccines that includes resources for encouraging staff and families to get vaccinated and information on getting a vaccine through Austin Public Health
- Updated the “Health Screening Questions for Newly Enrolling Children” form in Appendix B to reflect CDC updates
- Added examples of bus seating configurations and occupancy level recommendations that allow for physical distancing when providing transportation in Appendix C
A reminder, if you are in need of health and safety supplies, please complete this form and we will do all we can to try to help meet your supply needs.
Thank you for all you do every day to teach and nurture children. And thank you for all the additional work you are doing to keep children, staff, and families safe and healthy during the pandemic. You are amazing and we appreciate you!