Thinkery Summer Camps is looking for a Camp Educator to join the summer team and be a key part of our success this summer. At Thinkery our mission is to inspire the next generation of creative problem solvers and we need talented passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking for people who share our energy and enthusiasm for fostering a safe and challenging environment for campers to expand their problem-solving potential and have a whole lot of fun!
As a Camp Educator, you will share your enthusiasm and passion for STEAM activating Thinkery's curriculum by setting up and facilitating inquiry-based activities and design challenges. All with the goal of supporting campers as they expand their problem-solving potential, learn new technologies, and unleash their creativity. You will work with the small group of campers, working according to local, state, and federal guidelines for adherence to COVID-19 protocols enacted by Thinkery. This position is PRN or as necessary, dependent on the capacity of Thinkery to conduct in-person Camps according to health and safety guidelines.
- Read, review, and deliver Thinkery’s STEAM curriculum, adapting it as needed to improve the camper experience or accommodate individual campers.
- Model hands-on, inquiry-based facilitation techniques for campers and colleagues.
- Provide leadership, energy and camp spirit, constantly assessing group dynamics and the needs of individual campers.
- Ensure safety of kids on-site and on field trips. Communicating with the team as challenges arise.
- Provide excellent customer service through parent communications.
- Ensure your camp group is adhering to Thinkery’s healthy and safety protocols, in accordance with Local, State and Federal public safety guidelines.
- Represent Thinkery’s key values of inclusion, excellence, respect, innovation, playfulness, cooperation and creativity.
- Support a culture of cross organization communication, collaboration and information sharing.
- Experience with classroom management of kids aged 4-12.
- Experience supporting child centered care with a diversity of learners.
- Knowledge of inquiry based, and social/emotional learning techniques strongly preferred.
- Teaching professional with a college degree strongly preferred.
- Must be CPR certified or become certified within 1 week of hire (Thinkery will provide training).
- Availability to work Monday-Friday between May 31st and August 13th. Preference to folks who can work 7 or more weeks.
- Adaptability to problem solve and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of and familiarity with basic tools (power drills, hammers, screwdrivers, etc.) desired.