Voices for Healthy Kids Policy Campaign Grant
Short Form Application Deadline: Monday, April 5, 2021, 5 p.m. PT
Voices for Healthy Kids works around the country to improve or create equitable policies that will make the places kids live, learn and play healthier. Today we announce a call for proposals for the Policy Campaign Opportunity, designed to support advocacy campaigns supporting Voices for Healthy Kids policy priorities with a focus on health equity. We seek to support and drive local, state and tribal policy change efforts that will dramatically improve the health of children with a focus on those experiencing the greatest health disparities including Black, Brown, and Native children or from families from low income.
Short Form Application Timeline
- March 15, 2021 Call for Short Form Application
- April 5, 2021 5 p.m. Pacific Short Form Application Deadline
- April 20, 2021 Notification of Applicants Invited to Apply/Declined
Invited Applicants Timeline
- April 20, 2021 Application Available
- May 16, 2021 5 p.m. Pacific Application Deadline
- June 4, 2021 Notification of Award/Decline
Applications must be specific to an individual campaign for public policy change in one state, city, town or tribal nation. Applications should focus on public policy changes to reduce health disparities for children in urban, suburban or rural settings who are Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino, American Indian, and Alaskan Native or from families who have low income.
Voices for Healthy Kids believes campaigns are most successful through collaboration between community organizations, advocacy groups, coalitions and others. Therefore, the Policy Campaign Grant is a collaborative grant. All applications are expected to be submitted as a joint proposal of two or more organizations, either as lead and subgrantee collaboration or as co-leads. Voices for Healthy Kids values authentic community engagement and equity-building strategies in all aspects of supported campaigns and therefore requires at least one of the organizations in the joint proposal to be representative of or serve the interests of the listed priority populations.
Voices for Healthy Kids has a two-step application process in the online grant management system. First, all interested, eligible applicants must submit a short form application. Then, selected applicants will be invited to submit a full application for consideration in a competitive review process.
Applications can be submitted for $50,000 - $200,000 for a duration of up to 18 months and can support non-lobbying and lobbying activities.
Online Grant Management System
Information and the application for the Policy Campaign Grant are online. All applications will be submitted in this system and registration is required. Please follow these simple steps to register:
- Visit https://voicesforhealthykids.fluxx.io and in the lower right corner of the webpage, click the create account now button. Be sure to use Google Chrome as this site does not work with Internet Explorer.
- Complete the eligibility quiz.
- If your organization is eligible you will then need to complete a registration form for your organization and individual information.
- Once submitted, your registration will be reviewed and approved within 24 hours.
We appreciate your support in sharing this opportunity with organizations working on local, state or tribal advocacy campaigns. Together, we can make each day healthier for all children. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com