The City is especially interested in working with the community to co-create an equity tool that will help direct the use of $300 million dollars designated for anti-displacement strategies related to Project Connect. Participants will be paid $25 per hour for about 30 hours total between February and July of 2021. They intentionally want to and need to center community members who are having to face displacement pressures.
I think most us know what displacement risk factors look like, but some of those include:
- Living in Austin east of I-35, in the Rundberg/North Lamar Area, or in 78745, or has faced challenges and now lives outside of Austin
- Making less than $43,043 per year or household making less than $71,576 per year
- Experiencing homelessness
- Lacking access to a personal vehicle and depending on public transit for transportation needs
- Being part of a demographic that is vulnerable to displacement
Interested community members must apply by February 6, 2021 at 11:59 pm here