Child Care Services accepts applications to assist families with the cost of child care for children 12 years old and younger.
To apply for assistance:
- Apply online at: wfscapitalarea.com and select “Child Care” under ‘Our Services’, or
- Email/call us to have an application sent to you:
- 1-512-549-4967, option 5. Our phone system is automated and will ensure you reach the appropriate staff.
Child Care Services office hours: Monday-Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm.
Child Care Services staff are located at the Workforce Solutions North Office: 9001 N IH 35 Suite 110C Austin, TX 78753 Fax: 1-512-597-7192
- The child must be born, to be on the waitlist.
- The child(ren) needing services must be US Citizen or Legal Immigrant/Qualified Alien
- Each parent and step-parent living in the household, must be working, attending school, in training/other educational program, or combination of these: at least an average of 25 hours each week for a single-parent and at least an average of 50 hours each week for a two-parent household.
- Families who identify as homeless are exempt from this requirement to apply for services. You will be asked to provide additional information for this exemption.
Household members include those that live in the household: parents, step-parents, adult dependents* and a child or other minor living in the household who is the responsibility of the parent. *Adult dependent is an adult that you claim as a dependent on your income taxes.
- The household must meet income guidelines based on gross household income (before taxes) and family size. Types of other household include but are not limited to: rental income for a house, homestead, store, or other property; income from boarders/lodgers; income from estate and trust funds, or royalties; pensions, annuities, life insurance, and retirement income, Social Security Disability Income (SSDI), workers’ compensation income, alimony, court settlements, or judgements.
|Family Size Family||Gross Monthly Income Limit|
- The person applying for services must have primary custody of the child(ren) needing services. If applicant is not the parent of the child needing services, then applicant must provide the following with the application:
- Reason the parent is not available, and
- Paperwork verifying reason parent is not available, and
- Paperwork verifying that applicant is the person responsible for the child.
- Families must reside within Travis county.
- Families who owe recoupment, anywhere in Texas, are not eligible to enroll or continue services until the recoupment has been paid in full.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Program. Auxiliary Aids and Services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Relay TX: 711 or 1-800-735-2988 (Voice) or 1-800-735-2989 (TDD).