If you are an in-home family childcare educator who would like to network with other educators on a monthly basis and receive mentoring and professional development to meet licensing requirements, this program is for you!
We designed our program to build on the distinctive strengths of family childcare providers and to address their unique needs. Our goal is to connect participants with resources and support them in becoming and sustaining quality childcare.
By participating, you can expect to receive:
- Training and support
- Professional development and training in the core competencies of business practices, childcare licensing, policies, child development, lesson planning and curriculum, parent education, health and safety (access to templates around some of these topics)
- Training certificates
- Classes in English and Spanish
- Opportunities to learn about becoming a childcare subsidy provider and increase income
- Opportunity to become a state accredited Texas Rising Star provider with many supports for enhancing your program
- Networking with other family childcare providers
- Information on community resources
To learn more or to register for the program, contact Leslie Fierro, Family Childcare Instructor at 512.576.8749 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Established in 1973, AVANCE is a leading national non-profit organization working to transform the lives of underserved, under-resourced families. Derived from the Spanish word meaning "advance" or “progress,” AVANCE is dedicated to breaking the cycle of intergenerational poverty through innovative, two-generation education and support for families with young children. To learn more, visit www.avance.org