Title: Program Manager, Help Me Grow
Department: Navigation Center
Who we are:
United Way for Greater Austin (United Way ATX) brings people, ideas, and resources together to fight poverty in our community. Through our focus areas of Education, Health and Financial Stability, we build opportunity for all people in Greater Austin. We unite the community around collective goals, strategically invest in partners, and execute proven programs that make a real difference for children and families. Something special happens when we Live United.
Who you are:
- Cultivates innovation: Comes up with useful ideas that are new, better, or unique. Introduces new ways of looking at problems. Can take a creative idea and put it into practice. Encourages diverse thinking to promote and nurture innovation.
- Collaborates: Works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. Represents own interests while being fair to others and their areas. Partners with others to get work done. Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments. Gains trust and support of others.
- Interpersonal savvy: Relates comfortably with people across levels, functions, culture, and geography. Acts with diplomacy and tact. Builds rapport in an open, friendly, and accepting way. Builds constructive relationships with people both similar and different to themselves.
- Action oriented: Readily takes action on challenges, without unnecessary planning. Identifies and seizes new opportunities. Displays a can-do attitude in good and bad times. Steps up to handle tough issues.
- Situational adaptability: cues and adjusts in the moment. Readily adapts personal, interpersonal, and leadership behavior. Understand that different situations may call for different approaches. Can act differently depending on the circumstances.
- Manages complexity: Asks the right questions to accurately analyze situations. Acquires data from multiple and diverse sources when solving problems. Uncovers root causes to difficult problems. Evaluates pros and cons, risks and benefits of different solution options.
Centralized Access Point
- Work with ConnectATX team to make sure EC providers are in database so that it can be the “go to place” for parents, family members, child health care providers, and other professionals seeking information, support, and referrals for children at risk for behavioral concerns and developmental delays.
- Help set up database so it captures all the elements necessary to implement HMG with fidelity –this may include such elements as service categories and call procedures.
- Integrate a developmental screener directly into the ConnectATX platform.
- Create processes and procedures to ensure referral loops are closed and families are not falling through the cracks.
Community and Family Outreach
- Work with Community Alignment Manager to engage Family Support Agencies & other EC agencies.
- Work with SX6 and 2-Gen teams to engage agencies working with families and young children.
- Provide training on developmental screeners, referrals, and the HMG system to family support agencies.
Child Health Provider Outreach
- Work with pediatric providers, Dell Medical School, and other entities to create a system where referral data is provided to HMG, relevant referrals are made, referrals loops are closed, and information is shared back with pediatricians when possible.
- Help identify a physician champion.
- Provide training on developmental screeners, referrals, and the HMG system to pediatricians and their staff.
Data Collection and Analysis
- Work with Director of Data and Evaluation and ConnectATX team to determine data elements for continuous program and quality improvement.
- Ensure that data elements are collected regularly and regularly report them internally and externally as needed.
- Work with Director of Data and Evaluation and ConnectATX team to ensure proper confidentiality procedures and agreements are in place.
- Help form a leadership team to execute and implement HMG.
- Plan, convene, and facilitate meetings for leadership team and other (work) groups as needed.
- Maintain communication with leadership team and other (work) groups and entities as needed.
- Coordinate technical assistance with the HMG State and National Teams.
- Participate in the HMG State and National activities and calls.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferred
- Considerable knowledge of and background in early childhood development or related field
- Strong communications skills in writing and presenting required
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- At least 3-4 years of leadership experience with the willingness to take initiative and be proactive
- Considerable knowledge of United Way, community resources and early childhood programs preferred
- Experience with coordinating and facilitating meetings of non-profit partners and volunteers preferred
- An ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced work environment
- Must possess the ability to work independently, as well as in teams
This position is located in Austin, Texas and reports directly to Connect ATX Director, within the Navigation Center Department.