OUR MISSION: “To connect organizations across the globe that champion rights and opportunities for people with disabilities.”
OUR VISION: “Equity in employment for people with disabilities everywhere.”
The vision of WI is that worldwide, people with disabilities will:
- Have the same right to work and equality of opportunity to employment and in employment as all other citizens;
- Sustain similar levels of employment to those of people without disabilities;
- Be entitled to participate in all types of employment and work, with the appropriate supports regardless of their level of disability; and
- Receive all necessary support through the ability of members as employment facilitators to provide financially viable world-class services, employment services and advocacy.
In addition and in respect of workers with disabilities, member organisations of Workability International shall:
- Encourage personal development through opportunities for career advancement and the acquisition of occupational and life skills;
- Promote the concept of self-determination in work and employment;
- Be dedicated to best practice and high quality in employment activities, progression and transition services;
- Actively seek to ensure a decent quality of life and a safe and inclusive working environment;
- Ensure appropriate participation in decision-making at all levels of the organisation within its consultative structures.
Workability International will:
- Encourage its members' to benchmark its outcomes against best practice worldwide;
- Respect the diversity of the cultural values and economic circumstances of its members.