⭆About 64 million households in the U.S. are receiving a paper census questionnaire in the coming days. Let’s continue to remind our communities that they can safely respond to the census online (my2020census.gov), by phone, or by mail from their own home.
⭆The Census Bureau recently announced a request to Congress to delay its census operations by three months. This would extend the deadline to respond to the Census until October 31, 2020. Stay tuned for more updates and implications for our work. We will be sharing information once a determination is made by Congress.
For a list of documents recently updated or created to facilitate our outreach. They are all available on our mission box page: missionbox.com/group/264/central-texas-2020-census
- Census Ambassador Training: The content of UWATX previously facilitated in-person, has been condensed into a 18-minute video. Check out the slides and video and share them with anyone who wants to become a Census Ambassador by learning the Census basics and promoting participation among their networks.
- Social Media Guide: Boost your social media outreach with our Social Media Guide with sample posts, and link to one of many outreach videos from our Outreach Material Library. Join us using the #CentralTexasCounts hashtag on social media. Record a ~30 second selfie-video and share what the Census means to you. Post your video on social media using the hashtag #CentralTexasCounts and tag us at @UnitedWayATX
- Guide for Check-In Calls & Phone-banking: Are you conducting check-in calls with your clients? Use the call script and census talking points in our Phone Banking Script to incorporate census outreach and help make sure that all community members get counted.
- Reach out to your Employer with this Hand-out: Employers are in a unique position to promote Census participation among their employees. Share with them this Census Engagement for Businesses two-pager on ways they can promote participation among their staff.
- Regional Census Calendar: here is a list of census outreach activities planned and of course, since they are virtual, anyone can join from any place. Check out the Censotería (that’s right - Census Lotería) facebook live events planned by Mano Amigo including their Texas lotería cards. If you have more activities planned, let me know, and I will update the calendar with your information.
Census 2020 Project Director