Helping young children cope and understand
- Fred Rogers: Look for the Helpers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LGHtc_D328Austin PBS Resources: https://austinpbs.org/highlight/how-to-talk-to-your-kids-about-coronavirus
- Zero to Three Tips for Families: https://www.zerotothree.org/resources/3210-tips-for-families-coronavirus
Helping families find food
- Central Texas Food Bank: https://www.centraltexasfoodbank.org/food-assistance/get-food-now?clicked-modal
- Austin ISD curbside meal services available to anyone under 19 and a parent: https://www.austinisd.org/student-health/coronavirus/meals
- City of Austin/Travis County Coordinated Food Access Group - Call 2-1-1.
- Texas Department of Prevention and Early Intervention: Updated on Guidance for Home Visiting: https://www.missionbox.com/article/3066/texas-department-of-prevention-and-early-intervention-updated-on-guidance-for-home-visiting
- U.S. Administration for Children and Families: Addressing and Mitigating the Spread of COVID-19: https://www.acf.hhs.gov/ocs/resource/csbg-dear-colleague-2020-15-partnership-to-address-covid-19-spread
Quality Care & Education
At a community leadership level, Austin Public Health has convened a Child Care Covid 19 Task Force that is holding daily calls to identify needs and to elevate questions or concerns to the City of Austin Emergency Operations Command. This is specifically related to child care access and support for providers. Representatives include Austin Public Health, Travis County HHS, United Way ATX, Workforce Solutions (Board and Contractor), Austin Community College, Child Inc., and Child Care Licensing.
- Child Care Regulations (Licensing) New Guidance/Protocols for Providers: https://hhs.texas.gov/about-hhs/communications-events/news/2020/03/covid-19-guidance-child-care-providers
- Texas Workforce Commission Emergency Guidance for Child Care Subsidy Providers: https://twc.texas.gov/materials-march-17-2020-900-amtexas-workforce-commission-meeting
- A WD Letter that clarifies rules will be distributed soon and we will post to the SX6 Portal.
Safe & Stimulating Communities
- Make sure to remind families and staff about 2-1-1 as a resource for basic needs.
- Encourage caregivers of children PN-7 to sign up for Bright By Text to receive tips and ideas on how to keep kids busy and learning (and parents calm and supported) during their time at home. Local sign up link: https://app.brightbytext.org/web_signup?keyword_id=13&referal_partner=81
- Free Austin PBS Learning Home Materials: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Kk6s_9p19SAtvL26YIlll8wv0H2LI9qaXW5rEVWJ4KA/edit#gid=0