Embracing equity: Race equity and inclusion action guide
Race equity is a state in which all children have the same opportunity to reach their potential. Achieving this state of social change requires an understanding of racial disparities and a willingness to adopt practices that create equitable opportunities for the populations you serve.
Wonder how to get started? Use the practical steps in the 16-page action guide below, which appears courtesy of the Annie E. Casey Foundation.
The guide, which was published in 2014, includes seven specific steps to advance and embed race equity and inclusion within any organization:
- Establish an understanding of race equity and inclusion principles
- Engage affected populations and stakeholders
- Gather and analyze disaggregated data
- Conduct systems analysis of root causes of inequities
- Identify strategies and target resources to address root causes of inequities
- Conduct race equity impact assessment for all policies and decision making
- Continuously evaluate effectiveness and adapt strategies
© 2014 The Annie E. Casey Foundation
The Annie E. Casey Foundation. (2014). Race Equity and Inclusion Guide. Baltimore, MD. Retrieved from www.aecf.org.