People’s Community Clinic Job Description - January 2020
Job Title: FIND Coach (Home Visitation Parenting Coach); FLSA Status: Non-Exempt; Department: Pediatrics; Hours: Full Time; Reports to: Celina Nance; Supervises: None
PURPOSE: Supports the mission of People's Community Clinic by coaching caregivers of young children on FIND, Filming Interactions to Nurture Development. FIND uses video to reinforce and strengthen positive parent/child interactions. All PCC Employees are expected to identify opportunities to improve work flow, work processes and patient care and to work cooperatively to implement those improvements. This position works as a member of a care team to coordinate patient care and support patients and families in self -management, self-efficacy and behavior change. Care team members are expected to assess and manage the health needs of the patient population and to communicate effectively with all patients, especially vulnerable populations.
ESSENTIAL FUCTIONS: Under the supervision of Celina Nance, Early Childhood Programs Manager, this individual’s primary responsibilities include:
- Provide strength-based video coaching program to parents and other caregivers of high-risk children using the FIND Program.
- Conduct filming and coaching sessions. Coach will meet with the caregiver in their home and obtain naturalistic footage of child-caregiver interactions. They will then share the information with the caregiver about developmentally supportive caregiving.
- Participate in weekly consultation and individual supervision meetings.
- Maintain documentation for all clinical activities.
- Manage logistics including scheduling, equipment and written materials (e.g. handouts).
- Manage video files in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Assist Program Manager, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood development or mental health related field (relevant work experience can be substituted for education).
- Must possess basic computer skills and comfortability with technology (i.e. iPads).
- Has a valid driver’s license, reliable car, and adequate automobile liability insurance.
- Must be bilingual and possess good verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Ability to form a relationship with caregivers and young children.
- Ability to provide video coaching program to increase developmentally supportive caregiving.
- Ability to provider services in the home, community and clinic environment.
- Ability to master the FIND model, coaching skills, and editing skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, administrative staff, supervisor, and consultant.
- Experience with young children (0-4).
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE: CPR and First Aid Certification necessary, but can be obtained at the clinic if hired.
The above information is intended to describe the most important aspects of the job. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required in order to perform the work. PCC reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises.
Hearing: Adequate to perform job duties in person and over the telephone.
Speaking: Must be able to communicate clearly to patients in person and over the telephone.
Vision: Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from printed sources and computer screens.
Other: Requires occasional lifting and carrying items weighing up to 20 pounds unassisted. Requires frequent bending, reaching, and repetitive hand movements, standing, walking, squatting and sitting, with some lifting, pushing and pulling exerted throughout the regular work day.
WORKING CONDITIONS AT VARIANCE FROM NORMAL: Occasional overtime and/or weekend hours required
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: OSHA category for blood-borne pathogens for this position is II: Involves possible exposure to blood or body fluids.
All PCC employees are considered “at will.” Neither this letter nor any other oral or written representations may be considered a contract for any specific period of time. Regular attendance is required for this job.
Please print and return signed form below to Human Resources.
Point of contact for this position is Celina Nance whose contact information is listed below.
1101 Camino La Costa
Austin, Texas 78752
512.684.1749 (Office), 512.542.9940 (Fax)