The Transit Empowerment Fund (TEF) Board is currently accepting 2020 applications through February 7th, 2020 from eligible 501(c)3 organizations, tax exempt veteran organizations, and governmental entities for:
- Purchase of deeply discounted Capital Metro Local Bus Passes, Commuter Passes, and MetroAccess Ten Ride Booklets (50% reduction from the reduced nonprofit rate = 75% discount from the full fare). The provision of deeply discounted passes (as opposed to no cost passes) will help ensure the sustainability of the Fund.
- No Cost Passes – a limited number of no cost passes will be available. A maximum of 30% of the overall request can be made for no cost passes (i.e. if requesting $1,000 in passes can request an additional $300 in passes at no cost or if requesting 100 passes then can request an additional 30 at no cost). However, for no cost passes to be awarded, a compelling case must be made as to the critical need for the passes and the reasons that the organization cannot purchase the passes at the deeply discounted rate.
All passes must be used by individuals who are at or below 150% of the Federal Poverty Level, are transit dependent, and reside within the Capital Metro service area. For some passes, verification of Capital Metro eligibility certification is required. The primary purpose of the passes must be to access employment, education, healthcare, or social services. Participating agencies are required to report on distribution monthly.
The TEF Board does not anticipate another solicitation for bus pass applications until early 2021, so organizations should consider that when submitting their application. It is anticipated that the passes will be ready for distribution in July 2020.
The decision will be announced no later than March 29, 2020. *Note that the Board will review all applications and may award all, partial, or none of an applicants request. Passes will be distributed as soon as they have been printed. This is generally in July. Recipients will be required to attend an orientation when they pick up their passes.
You may be eligible for the Abbreviated RFA if you meet the following criteria:
- Received TEF passes for at least two years
- Submitted 100% of monthly reports by the deadline for the last 12 months
- Distributed at least 90% of passes for the most recently completed reporting year
- No reports of lost or stolen passes in the last 12 months
- No substantial change to program for which you are applying.
You can complete the abbreviated application if you are not making any substantive program changes or asking for more than a 10% increase from your current allocation. Please email email@example.com to confirm that you are eligible for the abbreviated application and a link will be sent directly to you.
If you have questions about the application, please contact Sam Woollard firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-217-6862.
Applications are due no later than 5 p.m. on February 7, 2020.