At the stakeholder meeting, Maria Campos and Billy Horton, both partnership specialists with the US Census Bureau, provided an overview of the Census 2020. Millions of dollars in federal aid to Texas depends on the accuracy of the Census, including significant support for health care, housing, transportation, food and more. Fifty-five federal programs are impacted by the Census. Being undercounted by even one percent in 2020 could result in a significant loss in federal funding for Texas—at least $300 million a year. In Central Texas alone, a 1% undercount of the population could translate to $25 million in lost revenue to the state.
- Success By 6 Stakeholder Meeting Census 2020 Presentation from María I. Campos, Partnership Specialist and Billy Horton, Partnership Specialist October
- Become a Census Worker/Conviértete en un Empleado del Censo
- Confidentiality - The 2020 Census & Data Stewardship
- Counting Young Children - Steps
- Kiss them, then count them - Counting Young Children poster/handout