MissionBox is proud to announce the recipient of our May 2019 grant from the MissionBox Philanthropic Fund.
Congratulations Becky's Fund!
Becky's Fund Men of CODE Program and Impact - Ending Toxic Masculinity and Dating Violence
1 in 3 teens are affected by dating violence. Dating violence is a pattern of abusive and controlling behaviors that one uses in order to maintain power and control over another. Men and boys have a direct role in preventing dating violence, but this prevention can only occur if cultural norms and institutions that uphold toxic masculinity, sexism, and strict gender roles are challenged and changed.
Men of CODE works with coaches and athletes as pro-active allies in the movement to end violence against women and girls. Men of CODE (MoC) stands for Men of Character and Ownership, Dedicated to Leading by Example. MoC targets high school athletes due to their influence and social status as athletes. Through prevention education, life-skills workshops, and mentorship, MoC breaks down toxic masculinity while allowing these athletes to explore and define manhood on their own terms. Lessons include leadership, healthy masculinity, dating violence, consent, personal responsibility, violence, and mental health. These athletes also gain real experience through life-skills workshops covering topics like financial literacy, life after sports, yoga for stress release, and brand development. Since its implementation, MoC has worked with over 750 male athletes with successful results. After taking MoC, 86% were confident in their ability to intervene to de-escalate an abusive situation, 96% believed it is important to hold themselves accountable for their actions, 96% could identify the signs of unhealthy relationships, and 91% agreed that a person can change their mind about having sex even if they have already consented.
MissionBox extends our sincere thanks to all organizations and for participating in our December 2018 grant.
Back by (very) popular demand, MissionBox Philanthropic Fund is offering one (1) $1,500 (USD) cash grant award to a nonprofit or charity that is working to help boys and/or men find alternatives to toxic masculinity and overall gender bias.
Does your nonprofit’s mission work toward this goal? You may qualify if you provide positive human services support, sports-related mentoring or education services that make a constructive difference in how men or boys relate to women or girls.
Tell us in 250 words or less what your program/s provide and your impact in this critical area of social change.
The MissionBox Philanthropic Fund is offering one (1) $1,500 (USD or equivalent) grant award during May 2019 to a nonprofit or charity, from anywhere in the world, that support a positive change in the culture of toxic masculinity in men or boys.
Apply for the MissionBox $1,500 Grant Award starting on May 7th at 1 PM CST. The grant closes May 31, 2019 at 5:00pm CST. The winner will be announced in June, 2019.
Applying for the Grant
Please read and carefully follow the instructions below to apply:
If you DO NOT currently have a MissionBox organization profile:
First, create your organization’s profile on MissionBox. It is your responsibility to carefully follow and fully complete your organizational profile on MissionBox. This will allow the MissionBox Philanthropic Fund to ensure that applicants represent an actively registered charity or nonprofit. Important note: Only nonprofits and charities with completed profiles are eligible.
Second, in 250 words or less, tell us what your program/s provide and your impact in this critical area of social change, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you DO have a MissionBox organization profile:
In 250 words or less, tell us what your program/s provide and your impact in this critical area of social change, and send it to email@example.com.
Your organizational profile submission indicates that you agree to allow MissionBox to republish descriptions of your work, in any available medium, as attributed to you or your organization.
Follow MissionBox on Facebook and Twitter for new grant opportunity and award recipient announcements.
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase or fee is required to apply or be chosen as a grant recipient.
- Submissions must be provided in English.
- If an insufficient number of eligible entries are received, MissionBox reserves the right to award remaining grant funds in a future grant award program.
- Applicants must be affiliated with an organization that is an IRS-approved nonprofit or a registered charity or NGO in the organization’s country of origin.
- Qualified organizations will be asked to confirm that they comply with the following nonprofit operating guidelines:
- Organization must have been a registered nonprofit, NGO or charity and in operation for at least one full year.
- Organization may be asked to verify the above by providing documentation.
- Applicant agrees to allow MissionBox to publish information about the mission of the nonprofit or charity in any media format selected by MissionBox.
- If requested, Applicant agrees to meet with a representative of the MissionBox Philanthropic Fund about his or her organization.
- Applicant agrees that all questions related to the grant application will be transmitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not call MissionBox with questions. Callers will become ineligible to receive a grant.
- Any taxes incurred, or tax reporting required because of receiving grant funds are the responsibility of the recipient. Neither MissionBox, Inc. nor the MissionBox Philanthropic Fund shall be liable for deducting or reporting any tax associated with this transaction. This grant program is null and void in any jurisdiction where prohibited by law. MissionBox employees, officers, directors, and shareholders, or members of their immediate families (spouse, children, brother, sister, mother, father) are not eligible to apply for grant awards.
Download instructions on how to register your organization MissionBox here -
The MissionBox Philanthropic Fund is funded by MissionBox, Inc.